Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Jacob the Liar"

At my wedding instead of having a sign-in book we decided to go with a "wish tree." It looked like this, but less classy:



One of the wishes given by one of Jacob's friends (I can't remember which friend it was) included some of Jacob's high school nick names. One of these nick names was "Jacob the Liar." I didn't know his friends used to call him this... why, I wonder...?
The other morning I came out of our bedroom and Jacob let me know he had renewed our car insurance! (...which we had let lapse because we are poor and car insurance is expensive...) I was super pumped because it was on my long list of unpleasant things to do, and now it was done! He told me it was because he had "a feeling" he should do it. Sigh, what a responsible and thoughtful husband I have!!
Alas, when I was doing some online banking today I came across some payments to the DMV and to Sandy City Justice Court that coincided with the purchase of the car insurance... suspicious...
A little detective work revealed Jacob totally got a ticket and didn't tell me! (Unless saying "I have a feeling" is another way of saying "I got a ticket and now we have to get insurance or our car will be impounded..." )

1 comment:

  1. I think that getting a ticket and having to pay fines AND face car impounding would definitely give me a really strong "feeling" that insuring the car TODAY would be a wise idea. Well, it got done, didn't it? My modus operandi - Spare me the details of your indiscretions and just let me believe that you are a perfect husband. Less mess = happy marriage. :)

    ReplyDelete