Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Penny Alberta


Jacob and I are excited to announce the upcoming birth of Penny Alberta "Bertie" Pollock, expected on September 24, 2012!

Have a little Hansen :) I do, as often as possible.

And now that I have a Finn and a Penny I am officially out of baby names. For those of you who don't know, Alberta is the name of Jacob's great grandma, who from what I've heard was sweet, a little shy, kept an immaculate house, and was an award winning cook. It's her home we stay in when we vacation in Escalante, Utah.  The people who knew her have all told us that Alberta never thought anyone would name a baby after her because she didn't think she had a pretty name. Personally, I think it's got a certain something, just like the lady herself.

A little short haired, blond Penny to run around after my shaggy haired Finn. Finn loves Penny already, and can't wait to take her for a ride on Grandpa Earl's tractor, but every now and then he says he wants it to be a boy.


P.S. Jacob has no idea that I got him to name one of our kids after a Hansen song, so everybody please: shhhhhhh.....

2 comments:

  1. Penny Alberta...as you know, I love it! I have, however, gotten it in my head that "Bertie" is "Birdie" and so it stays (with respect to the o.g.-Bertie, who sounds so lovable).
    Auntie Bri's little Birdie...forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a cute name. We're having a little boy due on Sept. 5. September will be a great month. I hope the pregnancy is going well for you. We'll have to get the babies together with Andrea's too once they all arrive.

    ReplyDelete