Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Carving


Here comes the obligatory "October Pumpkin Carving Blogger Post," are you ready?

Pumpkins are 8 cents a pound at Winco. This means a pumpkin that would cost you $17 at your nearest pumpkin patch will cost you $2.11. The choice is yours.

I had a hard time finding cool pumpkin carving stencils online. Nothing that was both cool and easy, as is my modus operandi. The one I liked best and ended up making myself can be seen HERE... I didn't print off the stencil, I just went for it with my Sharpie. A word to the wise: careful on the wings, don't draw them to close together. That is where I ran into trouble. But I think it came out pretty rad regardless. Here's how I did it:





Here is another one I like. Jacob says it looks like an evil Micky Mouse... maybe so:

Happy Halloween all!

4 comments:

  1. Jacob is right. It is an evil Mickey Mouse. The bat is the shiz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bat is not holding up very well...It's starting to shrivel in a weird way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Jake that I'm sorry about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ba dum dum!
    Nice one... But Jake's "bat" is mighty and never faileth, nor doth it shrink nor shrivel. Amen.

    ReplyDelete